ThinkBusiness Africa and all associated companies have developed the following terms and conditions for TB.Africa and all associated publications. When you use the Services of ThinkBusiness Africa, it is deemed that you have agreed to the terms and conditions set out below. These terms apply all forms of device – desktop, laptop, mobile, handheld devices etc.
By using these services, you are entering into this agreement that all disputes between you and ThinkBusiness Africa will be on an individual basis only.
Access to the Sites is provided free of charge (although some content may only be available to paying subscribers). Access to the Sites (including TB.Africa) does not create a professional services relationship or any other relationship with ThinkBusiness Africa. The Sites are provided solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
Unless explicitly authorised in these Terms & Conditions or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium any material from the Sites.
Event Code of Conduct
ThinkBusiness Africa is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment at our conference. To facilitate this, all event attendees must adhere to our code of conduct. Attendees are expected to remain polite, considerate, and respectful at all times. Abusive, derogatory, discriminatory, disruptive, harrassing, or threatening behavior will not be tolerated. Engaging in any kind of unacceptable behavior may result in your removal from the conference and/or being barred from future events. If necessary, we will contact law enforcement.
ThinkBusiness Africa conferences may be photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded. By attending an event, you agree to be recorded and grant ThinkBusiness Africa permission to use such recordings for editorial, publicity, or other purposes.
Conferences Participation Fees / Costs
All ticket sales for ThinkBusiness Africa conferences are final unless otherwise stated.
ThinkBusiness Africa and the Sites, and all other text and images contained on the Sites are protected by Nigeria’s trademark and copyright law and other applicable laws. Nothing contained in the Sites or other products shall be construed as granting any license or other rights to any copyright, trademark, patent or other property of ThinkBusiness or any third party, whether by implication, or explicit grant. ThinkBusiness Africa’s products, including third party and licensed materials on the Sites, may not be modified, reproduced, republished, retransmitted, or displayed except for personal use. Any use for a commercial or public purpose requires specific written permission from ThinkBusiness Africa.
User Submission Policy
Some of the Sites may allow users to upload, submit, and/or post images, text, video, profile information, comments, letters to the editor, e-mails, or other data and information (“User Submissions”). By uploading, creating, or submitting User Submissions to or on the Sites, or to ThinkBusiness Africa through any other means:
- You affirm, represent and warrant that you own the right to utilize, to license and to sublicense the User Submissions;
- You grant to ThinkBusiness Africa, and anyone authorised by ThinkBusiness Africa a non-exclusive, worldwide, paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license, including right of sublicense, to use, copy, assign, display, distribute, perform, reproduce in whole or in part, and modify the User Submissions in any medium or any manner, in whole or part (whether now known or hereafter developed), without any restrictions to you, for the sole intended purpose of the Sites and/or services provided;
- You grant to each user of the Sites a non-exclusive license to access the User Submissions through the Sites and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Sites and under this Agreement; and
- You acknowledge and agree that User Submissions may be permanently maintained on ThinkBusiness Africa’s servers.
- You acknowledge that ThinkBusiness Africa is not responsible for, and cannot prevent, the publication or use of your User Submissions by any third parties who copied your User Submissions during the time in which it was displayed on the Sites.
- That you own any User Submission or have the explicit legal right to any User Submission.
Acceptable Use Policy
You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of the Sites, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the Sites, which includes, without limitation, use of the Sites to:
- Harm or threaten to harm users or members of the general public in any way, or “stalk” or otherwise harass any other person or entity;
- Post or transmit any User Submission that is unlawful, false or misleading, grossly offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Disseminate or transmit “spam,” unsolicited messages, chain letters, any advertisements, solicitations, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication;
- Purchase, sell, or offer to purchase or sell any equity or security or market instrument; provide information designed to manipulate any equity or security or market; or disseminate or transmit any material, non-public information about companies without authorization to do so;
- Collect, use, or store any personally identifiable information about other users, or otherwise violate the personal privacy rights of others;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including a Site agent, user, or moderator), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation except in areas that are expressly designated by the Sites for such purpose;
- Disseminate or transmit any User Submission that infringes or violates any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right; or use or distribute third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality, fiduciary duty, or similar duty;
- Violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- Forge headers or otherwise intentionally disguise the origin of any content or communication; interfere with or disrupt the Sites, or servers or networks connected to the Sites; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Sites;
- Make any User Submission related to partisan political campaigning or fundraising.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Sites;
- Obtain, copy, monitor, index or data mine through the use of a robot, spider, any automated device, or any manual process, the Sites or the contents (except as expressly permitted by ThinkBusiness Africa);
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Sites;
- ”Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Sites; or
- Engage in any other activity deemed by ThinkBusiness Africa to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this agreement or that might violate the rights of others or give rise to liability.
You understand that by using the Sites, you may be exposed to content that may offend you or challenge your beliefs. Your remedy is to avoid such content by discontinuing your access.
Content and Non-Endorsement
Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of ThinkBusiness Africa. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. The Sites and third parties may provide links to web pages, web sites, and various resources or locations on the web. ThinkBusiness Africa has no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.
ThinkBusiness Africa may post employment opportunities on the Sites and/or invite users to submit resumes to it. If you choose to submit your name, contact information, resume and/or other personal information to ThinkBusiness Africa in response to employment listings, you are authorising ThinkBusiness Africa and its service providers to utilize this information for all lawful and legitimate hiring and employment purposes. ThinkBusiness Africa also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to forward the information you submit to its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors and service providers for legitimate business purposes. Nothing in this Agreement or contained in the Sites shall constitute a promise by ThinkBusiness Africa to interview, hire or employ any individual who submits information to it, nor shall anything in this Agreement or contained in the Sites constitute a promise that ThinkBusiness Africa will review any or all of the information submitted to it by users
Contents and Devices
For the purposes of these Terms: “Content” includes all or part of any text, graphics, layout, logos, images, audio material, films or other moving images, product details and/or software published or otherwise available on the Site and other publications such as newsletters and surveys from time to time (including, anything made available for download); “including” and its derivations mean “including, without limitation”; “material” includes all or part of any text, graphics, layout, logos, images, audio material, films or other moving images; and “Trade Marks” means the trade marks, logos and service marks (whether or not registered) displayed on the Site.
About us and our business
ThinkBusiness Africa is a publication of ThinkBusiness Africa Ltd. registered in Nigeria with company registration of 7015933. Our registered office address is 5b, Goriola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.